11 Jan 2009

Superfly and White Box Stove

New Jacket and stove arrived from backpackinglight this week. Very kind friends from my old job got me a few leaving presents include a virtual voucher (cash) for an outdoor shop. I have decided to use it to replace my very old Lowe Apline jacket with a lightweight Montane SuperFly jacket. The jacket is going to take some getting used to after using a heavier waterproof for so long.

As for the White Box stove, after years of using gas stoves this is a bit of revelation. First impression are that it is amazingly simple and robust design, however the flaring up can be a bit disconcerting.

For my forthcoming trip to the Black Mountains at the end of February I think I am going to take both the Pocket Rocket gas stove and the White Box. This is partly because there are 3 of us staying in a bothy, so it will be nice to be able to brew up and cook; but also because I am a bit unsure at the moment about relying on the White Box.

No comments:

Post a Comment